I have totally NOT abandoned my blog, guys, I promise. In fact, I just now decided that this blog has got to have more of ‘me’ instead of just my cooking. The reason I haven’t been keeping up with my blog isn’t that I haven’t wanted to write, just that I don’t always want to write about food or recipes. There have actually been several times when I’ve just wanted to share thoughts or funny stories, but I felt held back by my own silly rule that this is a ‘cooking blog’. Well, I don’t want it to be just a ‘cooking blog’ any more. I will always want to share recipes and my food-adventures, but I also want this to be a place where I can share my life with people that may care to hear about it.
Without further ado, the rest of this entry is dedicated to my beloved husband, Sam, aka @portorikan. Thanks for reminding me that some rules are made to be broken, especially stupid ones that are just in your own mind.
10 WAYS TO ANNOY @PORTORIKAN
10. USE THE FACT THAT HE IS EXTREMELY TICKLISH TO YOUR ADVANTAGE IN CREATIVE WAYS.
9. WHEN HE DOESN’T GET YOU A PUPPY, PRETEND THAT HE IS YOUR PUPPY.
8. WHEN YOU GO TO A RESTAURANT WITH HIM, INSIST THAT YOU SHARE A MEAL. THEN TELL HIM YOU LIKE ANYTHING. THEN SAY “EXCEPT THAT” TO WHATEVER HE SUGGESTS.
7. WHEN HE GETS MAD AT #8, TELL HIM YOU HAVE A GREAT IDEA. THEN TAKE HIM TO GOLDEN CORRAL.
6. MAKE GUACAMOLE. LET HIM GET ALL EXCITED WHEN HE SEES YOU MAKING IT. THEN TELL HIM HE CAN’T HAVE ANY BECAUSE IT’S FOR SOMEBODY ELSE.
5. BORROW HIS IPOD. WHILE HE IS UNCONSCIOUS (What? How else do you think he’s going to let you borrow it?) GO TO @ANGELRIOS’S HOUSE, ERASE ALL OF THE MUSIC ON @PORTORIKAN’S IPOD AND REPLACE IT WITH ALL OF @ANGELRIOS’S MUSIC.
4. BUY HIM CLOTHES FOR HIS BIRTHDAY. WRAP THEM SO THAT THEY RESEMBLE A GUITAR.
3. START A MOVIE HE REALLY WANTS TO SEE WITHOUT HIM. TWEET ABOUT IT. INCLUDE SPOILERS.
2. BE EXTRA CHEERFUL EARLY ON A SATURDAY MORNING. TURN THE LIGHTS ON AND SING, “RISE AND SHINE AND GIVE GOD THE GLORY GLORY…”
AND THE NUMBER ONE WAY TO ANNOY @PORTORIKAN…
1. REFER TO HIM AS MEXICAN.
(By the way, what’s wrong with being a Mexican, man? Huh? HUH?!?!?!)
Hope to see ya’ll later in the week when I will tell you all how to make crack! 🙂