My husband has something in common with most men; he’s not a fan of vegetables. It is hard to find things he likes that are healthy, but this chili was a huge success! The great thing about it chili is it’s relatively easy to make and contains inexpensive ingredients. The chipotle peppers in this variation give it a wonderful, rich flavor. Try it out!!!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 1 small (4 oz?) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped if desired
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrot
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 T chipotle chili powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped jalapenos (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Brown turkey with onions and drain fat.
2. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Sam has been gobbling this stuff up! Good luck and let me know how yours works out!